This Website is owned and managed by WIMTEK Sàrl, a private limited liability company incorporated in Switzerland and registered at the “Registre de Commerce et des Sociétés” (RC), under the number B191155, having its registered office at 16, Zone Industrielle les Rosses à 1868 Collombey-Muraz en Suisse.
As WIMTEK, we recognize the importance of protecting the personal data of our customers (e.g. identification data) and the information of the users of our Website(s). For this reasons, WIMTEK adopts specific policies and security measures to comply with applicable data protection laws and to protect your personal data.
Personal Data can be defined as any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal Data also includes anonymous information that is linked to information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you.
Information that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that we are no longer enabled to identify you, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, is not included.
- Information Collection
We may collect the provided data in the following way:
Information you provide:
We collect information you provide to us over the Website and our contact form. When we send a communication to you, or when you access, respond to, or decline to open a communication from us, complete a form to communicate with us, or contacts us, we collect and store certain information about you.
We may process the following categories of personal data:
- Identification data (e.g. name, surname, alias…);
- Professional data (e.g. position, company…);
- Numeric data (e.g. logs, IP address…); and
- Biometric data (e.g. pictures, sound, video…)
- Relational data (e.g. relation history, attendance sheets…);
- Environmental data (e.g. characteristics, habits, social media information…).
Information from other sources
We may receive information about you from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about business people and companies. We may request information from third-parties (e.g. credit card information services) with regard to your payment behavior in order to be able to offer you certain payment options.
These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
Information about use of our services and products
When you visit our Website, we receive and save certain pieces of information, e.g. the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you access our Websites, preferences and settings: time zone, language, and character size, time spent on a page, click through, clickstream data, queries made, search results selected, search history, date and time of your visit, the websites you visit within our service and the website you came from if you visit our Website via a link from a third party website. We do this to learn more about your interests and to improve our Website and services.
- Use of Personal Data
The aim of processing your personal data is to provide, improve, and develop our products and services, to communicate with you, to offer you targeted advertisements and services.
Your personal data will be processed by our authorized staff, mainly in the marketing, relational marketing, information system and after-sales or security departments. This may include persons within WIMTEK or any WIMTEK affiliates engaged to operate with these kind of communications.
We collect, process and determine how to process your Personal Data as data controller for the following purposes.
First of all, you may contact us for specific demands related to technical assistance, maintenance or navigation problems. In this case, your personal data will be used by our staff in the WIMTEK departments that are entitled to process your requests (especially after sales). Your requests and queries may be disclosed to our service providers, if necessary to manage these requests. We may contact you for the above purposes by telephone call, email, postal mail, SMS or other means as appropriate.
Providing, improving, and developing our products and services: we use Personal Data to help us provide, improve, and develop our products, services, and advertising. This includes using Personal Data for purposes such as data analysis, research, and audits. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in offering you products and services and for business continuity.
Communicating with you: subject to your prior express consent, we may use Personal Data to send you marketing communications in relation to our products and services, communicate with you about your account or participation requests, and inform you about our policies and terms. If you no longer wish to receive email communications for marketing purposes, please Contact Us to opt-out. We also may use your information to process and respond to your requests when you contact us. Subject to your prior express consent, we may share your Personal Data with third party partners who may send you marketing communications in relation to their products and services, especially financial or insurance companies.
The following are some other ways in which we may use your information to administer our business and provide you with the products and services you request or may be of interest to you:
- To operate our Events;
- To Keep records of contact information and correspondence;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To facilitate social sharing functionality, such as sharing content, through social media networks;
- To carry out our obligations arising from agreement or contract (including our obligations to you as a customer of our events) entered into between you and our distributors;
- To notify you about changes to our policies and/or terms;
- To create a more accurate and complete customer profile to better understand the products and services you want to use;
- To improve the products and services we provide you and develop new products and services;
- To process debit and credit card and other financial transactions if any;
Otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Offering and measuring targeted advertisements and services: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use Personal Data to personalize your experience with our products and services and on third-party websites and applications and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
For any of the uses of your data described above that require your prior express consent, note that you may withdraw your consent by contacting us.
Promoting safety and security: we use Personal Data to help verify accounts and user activity, as well as to promote safety and security. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in helping ensure the safety of our products and services.
Service Providers: we share Personal Data with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting, email services, marketing, sponsoring of the event, auditing, fulfilling customer requests, data analytics, providing customer service, and conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever we operate.
Legal Compliance and Security: it may be necessary by law, legal process, litigation and or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence, for WIMTEK to disclose personal data. We may also disclose your personal data if we determine in good faith and for relevant reasons that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud or protect our operations or Customers.
What are cookies: cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are widely used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. We also use other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, for similar purposes. In this Cookie Statement, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
What kind of cookies do we use and for which purpose?
- Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with our website and services and to enable essential features, for example providing carts for a test drive. If you disable these cookies, we will not be able to fulfil your request. On the website, we use session cookies for authentication and authorization purposes and to track a visitor’s identity during a particular session.
- Analytics and customization cookies: these cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website work, for example by making sure visitors are finding what they need easily. The information collected through these cookies include anonymous traffic statistics, like number of page views, number of visitors, and time spent on each page.
- Performance and functionality cookies: these cookies are used to store choices you make and your preferences regarding our services (such as your user name, language or the region you are in, enable user interface customization). The information these cookies collect, allows us to optimize our website and make it easier for you to use, and it does not personally identify you. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content on our website and services through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing history and are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing, ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. We may share this information with third parties to help create and deliver advertising personalized to you and your interests. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our website and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Cookies Placed by Third Parties: you may also find cookies on our website that are placed by third parties. We may also allow third parties to place cookies on our website to track information about your online activities and/or across third-party sites or online services, including to send you targeted advertisements based on that information, which may include the remarketing of our products and services that you have viewed on our website and on third-party websites.
Controlling and Opting-Out of cookies: your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off.
Please note that if you reject cookies or disable cookies, your use of certain features or functions on our website or platforms or service may be limited.
To find out more about cookies and similar technologies, including how to see what cookies and similar technologies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
and/or or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at www.networkadvertising.org
, and follow the opt-out instructions there.
If you access the website on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings. If you wish to not have your information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources : optout.networkadvertising.org
and following the opt-out instructions there, or if located in the European Union, visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance’s Your Online Choices opt-out tool : youronlinechoices.eu.
By opting out of targeted advertisements you will no longer see advertisements on our website from third-party partners that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance; however, you may still continue to see other non-targeted advertisements on our website.
- Social Media
On our Website, we also use plug-ins, such as:
If you wish to avoid data being linked to your Twitter account, please log out from Twitter before visiting our website. Interactions, in particular such as clicking the “Re-Tweet”-button will equally be transferred to Twitter. You may change your data privacy settings in your account settings on http://twitter.com/account/settings.
- Facebook: our website uses plug-ins of the social network Facebook, a service of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. You recognize the Facebook plug-ins on our website by their Facebook-Logo or the “like button”. An overview over all Facebook plug-ins can be found here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
When you visit our website the plug-ins establish a connection between your browser and the Facebook server. Thereby, Facebook receives the information that you visited our website with your IP address. This occurs regardless of whether you click on a plug-in or not. When you click on the Facebook “like button” while you are logged on to your Facebook account you may link the information on our website to your Facebook account. Thereby, Facebook can associate your visit on our website to your Facebook account. We as the operator of the website do not gain any knowledge about the content of the data transferred or their usage by Facebook. The data protection policies of Facebook provide additional information, in particular about the collection and use of data by Facebook, your rights in this regard as well as the options available to you for protecting your privacy: https://de-de.facebook.com/about/privacy/
If you wish to prevent the transfer to and storage of data by Facebook about you and your interaction with our website, you must first log out of Facebook before visiting our website. In addition, tools are freely available on the market that can be used to block Facebook social plug-ins with add-ons from being added to all commonly used browsers: webgraph.com/resources/Facebookblocker.
- Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- International Transfer
If you choose to provide information to us, please note that we process the information, including Personal Information, principally in Switzerland. We shall not transfer any personal data outside the European Union otherwise that:
- to countries which provide an adequate level of protection for personal data as decided by the European Commission or;
- to recipients under a suitable agreement which contains the legal requirements for such transfer.
Copy of the applicable safeguards may be requested.
- Links to Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16 (« Children »).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children under 16 of age, without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- Right of Access and Rectification
You have a right the right to access, correct or delete the personal data we collect. You are also entitled to restrict or object at any time to the further processing of these data. You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, standard and readable format.
Please note that you shall also have the right to lodge a complaint with the lead supervisory authority competent for Switzerland, the Commission Nationale de Protection des Données (CNPD).
Please ensure that your data is accurate and, in case of any change, to the personal data that you have passed us, please timely write to WIMTEK (see contact details) to enable us to keep your personal data updated.